Tallow is a product obtained simultaneously to the manufacture of meat and bone meal, separated from the solid fraction by percolation and pressing processes.
The raw material comes from establishments supervised by competent bodies. Its processing, standards of traceability and production self-inspections are according to the standards set out by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Food Supply (MAPA). Antioxidants may be used in their composition to prevent the fats from being oxidized. It is a very palatable, highly energetic product, essentially composed of triglycerides.
- Costs: reduction in feed formulation cost;
- Nutrients: source of stable fat at room temperature;
- Palatability: improves the palatability of the feed;
- Safety: safe and stable product, free from antinutritional factors;
- Biodiesel: it is an alternative to the use of vegetable sources in the production of biodiesel.
APPLICATION OF THE PRODUCT
Tallow has a wide application; it is used in the formulation of feed for swine, birds, dogs, cats and other monogastric animals. It can be used by chemical industries, hygiene and cleaning, in the manufacture of varnishes, lubricants (stearin) and others as the pharmaceutical industry (glycerin). The main destination of tallow produced in Brazil is the production of biodiesel, as it is a source of economic and sustainable fat.
Prohibited use in ruminant feed.